Part Two: Lynne Twist, Rafael Correa
New Age Marxism: Meet the Players
Comments | Print friendly | Subscribe | Email Us
In Part One, we talked about how the New Age Marxists are calling for a “shift” in our consciousness, closely aligned with goddess/feminist theology, to a Marxist utopia where the white, male “takers” of society are deindustrialized and disempowered, leaving us all in perfect harmony.
This push for the Obama administration to destroy our economy, industry and agricultural systems in the name of social justice is promoted by a vast network far too extensive to explore here.* However, I would like to highlight just a few of the players in this movement, along with some connections that might surprise you.
One very big name in the New Age Marxist movement is Lynne Twist, and her network is extensive and revealing:
- Founder of the Pachamama Alliance. Pachamama has worked with Lynne’s close friend Van Jones and the Ella Baker Center to promote their common agenda. Pachamama, working actively in Eduador, sings the praises of Eduadorian president Rafael Correa, said to be a puppet for Hugo Chavez. Much to Lynne’s delight, has given legal rights to Nature.
The Ecuadorian people under the leadership of President Rafael Correa, resoundingly approved a new constitution on September 28th. One of the most miraculous clauses gives LEGAL RIGHTS TO NATURE. No other country in the world has taken this bold stand. Indigenous people have always held that nature has rights. To see this worldview made manifest in constitutional law is a truly historic moment ‚Äî and a profound legal precedent for the world.
- A Director for the Institute of Noetic Science (ION) along with names such as Deepak Chopra, Van Jones, Maurice Strong, and Desmond Tutu. The Institute offers much insight into the general mindset of this movement. Christian DeQuincey, former managing editor of their “Shift” magazine, gives a clear picture of this philosophy when reviewing the book so popular in this movement, Daniel Quinn’s “Ishmael.”
Teacher and pupil engage in a Socratic-type dialogue, and we are witness to the unfolding of a remarkable account of how modern civilized society evolved to be so radically at odds with the rest of nature.
In essence, what the teacher reveals is this: Some time around 10,000 years ago, human societies branched off into two distinct communities, called “Leavers” and “Takers”. Each community had its own story to tell about the “destiny of man”; and each community has enacted its story ever since‚Äîwith profound consequences. Quinn, thus, skillfully traces the origins of the divergence between “indigenous” and “civilized” ways of life.
- Founder of FourYearsGo, her massive movement to fundamentally change the world:
- Wake Up to the enormous harm we are doing to Earth and ourselves
- Wake Up to the profound opportunity we have now to create a future to match our deepest longing and greatest dreams
- Become change agents in redirecting humanity’s current path from self-destruction to sustainability
- Do it now. Don’t wait for any one or anything. And complete it by 2014.
- “Change agents.” Where have I heard that before?
- This organization has a huge list of allied organizations, such as the 2020 Fund (Rockefeller Brothers), Unity Foundation, Sierra Club, Be the Change, Van Jones’ Ella Baker Center, Alliance Youth Movement, CodePink, and many, many more. One of the first on board, planning to use their expertise to promote this movement, is the Wieden + Kennedy ad agency, responsible for campaigns including Nike’s “Just Do It” and Lance Armstrong’s “Live Strong”. You will find a visit to this site alone quite eye opening.
- Board member of the goddess honoring Sophia Institute, along with other New Ager’s such as Marianne Williamson and author Sue Monk Kidd, where participants are “taught by the world’s foremost thinkers and teachers that foster Wisdom, Wholeness, Oneness, Sustainability, Peace and the Integration of the Sacred Feminine for the transformation of Self and Society.”
- Founder of Soul of Money Institute- Making loads of money by teaching us how we should be using ours. The Law of Attraction will help you get what you need; sound familiar? Promoted by Oprah radio, of course, where she explained,
- “What you appreciate, appreciates.”
- Endorsed and in alliance with many of The Secret promoters. They share the same philosophy, seen at their appearances together such as the Virtual Abundance Expo, and are members together on Jack Canfield’s Transformational Leadership Council.Note that the TLC includes some of the same connections she has elsewhere, such as Marianne Williamson.
- Awakening the Dreamer workshops, being presented in mainstream churches throughout the nation, many who probably have no idea exactly what they are getting into. This is an effort to combine people’s best intentions and spirituality with their goals of a Marxist social justice system. Many churches have hosted this workshop, such as the United Methodists and Catholic churches seen on their current symposium calendar. As described on their site:
- The movement embraces the work for human rights, for the protection of our environment, for access to education, healthcare, housing and even food and water. In another language these are: environmental sustainability, spiritual fulfillment and social justice.
- Finally, you might wish to take a look at a letter published here, called the “Open Letter of Conscience and Choice”. Lynne was one of the authors, along with others you might recognize such as Tom Hayden. It is a letter encouraging the vote for Kerry/Edwards at the time and is followed by a long list of suggested activist organizations, such as MoveOn.org, Code Pink, Amnesty International and many more. The letter and associations illustrates further just what kind of agenda, power and connections Lynne Twist has.
What we should find most frightening is that this is a description of the activities of just ONE person, and she is obviously part of a much larger network. Some people might look at some of her statements and think this sounds like a harmless, peace loving New Ager; no harm being done here. If there was no plan to foist it off on the entire world, they might be harmless except to themselves, but unfortunately they have no intention of keeping this to themselves. Judging by the actions of the Obama administration, and it’s appointments of people like Van Jones, Cass Sunstein, John Holdren and others, this movement appears to have a powerful ally in Washington.
In Part Three, we’ll take a look at Riane Eisler, one of the most admired authors of the New Age Marxist mindset.
*- SavantNoir has an excellent post here that explores the larger global network in depth and offers much to learn about major players such as the UN, Maurice Strong, Robert Muller and many more.