If a foreign nation were hurling rockets onto American soil, we would respond quickly and decisively
Israel Has a Right to Defend Itself
Comments | Print friendly | Subscribe | Email Us
Washington, DC – As Shabbat began this past Friday, a siren screamed across Jerusalem warning of a rocket fired by Hamas toward the Holy City. The contrails were seen over Bethlehem, but the prayers of many people were answered when the rocket flew past Jerusalem and landed harmlessly in an open field located in Samaria, also referred to as the West Bank.
Attacks on Israeli towns and communities continue as you read this message:
- More than 872 rockets have been fired at Israel since last Wednesday.
- Average of 14 per hour, or one every 4 minutes.
- Close to 100 have failed to reach Israel, many landing within Gaza risking civilian life.
- +2,000 rockets have been fired at Israel in 2012.
- +3,800 rockets have been fired at Israel since 2009.
- +13,000 rockets have been fired at Israel in last 12 years.
- Iron Dome has intercepted +303 rockets headed toward civilian areas. Israel deployed its Fifth Iron Dome battery in Israel on Sunday near Tel Aviv. The battery has already shot down rockets fired toward Tel Aviv on Saturday and Sunday.
- Terrorists hold more than 10,000 rockets in Gaza.
- 3.5 million Israelis are under the threat of rocket fire.
- Hamas rules the Gaza strip and is responsible for all that occurs in Gaza and all that is launched from there.
- Hamas, supported by Iran, has wielded authority over the Gaza Strip since 2007.
Mathew Staver, Founder and Chairman of Liberty Counsel, said, “Israel has a right to defend itself. If a foreign nation were hurling rockets onto American soil, we would respond quickly and decisively. More than anything, Israelis want peace, but they cannot continue to live under threat of attack. If the Israeli Defense Force determines that the best way to end this assault is to take ground troops into Gaza, I fully support that action and I believe the American people do as well. Each day I am in contact with friends in Israel. Our prayers are with them,” concluded Staver.
It is important to learn all the facts of the conflict initiated by the terrorist group, Hamas. Liberty Counsel will continue to post updates on its website, www.LC.org.