From Tea Party favorite to corrupt Washington insider in only two years, ladies and gentlemen, I give you Marco Rubio
Marco Rubio: Corrupted by Washington in Only Two Years
Comments | Print friendly | Subscribe | Email Us
It’s hard to believe that Marco Rubio has only been in the Senate since January 2011. With the way he has been going on lately, telling conservatives what a bunch of unenlightened rubes we are for objecting to his immigration reform, you would think he’d been a Senator for 20 years.
The once Tea Party favorite, whose chances of being elected President are now on par with Mark Sanford, has been at the forefront of jamming the Democrat’s dream of opening the immigration floodgates through Congress, an effort that shares many the hallmarks of the passage of Obamacare:
- Put together in the dead of night by Washington insiders with zero transparency. Check.
- Rushing the bill through the legislative process as fast as humanly possible before the opposition can get their act together. Check.
- Refusing to accept even the barest hint of cooperation with Republicans who aren’t RINOs. Check.
- We’ll have to pass the bill to find out what’s in it! Check.
Representing everything the Tea Party movement has dedicated itself against Rubio is blazing a trail of lies and deceit that must make Obama proud.
Despite Rubio’s assurances that legalization efforts won’t go into effect until after the border is secure, a multitude of analysts have shown this to be a complete falsehood. Once DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano says the border is secure, whether it is or not, the bill goes into effect. Trusting someone who is stocking up on hundreds of millions of rounds of ammo, more than enough to conquer all of Asia Minor, isn’t exactly what most conservatives would call a good bet.
Other fun facts that Rubio has neglected to mention during his magical media tour include:
- The immediate shutdown of the E-verify system.
- The potential for 33 million newly minted American citizens in only the first 10 years—a “conservative” estimate, the actual total could be much higher.
- A permanent voting majority for Democrats guaranteed to last a generation.
- Making it illegal for law enforcement to arrest and deport anyone who “appears eligible” for legalization.
- Allowing judges the ability to waive what is now mandatory deportation for certain classes of criminal aliens.
- Free “Obama phones” for immigrants as they cross the border.
- A gigantic boon for immigration lawyers as countless appeals, court appearances and so on are granted to illegals before they can be deported.
And that’s just what we know so far. With the endless ability for the DHS Secretary to grant exceptions to not only individuals, but entire “classes of aliens” from conforming to the law, things could get much worse.
The question conservatives are asking themselves lately is why would Rubio serve as a patsy for this clearly dangerous legislation? The answer is he is corrupt. Corrupted by a Washington culture where the elites think they are smarter than us, that they have the power to tell us what to do and who we have to accept into our communities, regardless of the cost to our society and pocketbooks. Where attending Georgetown cocktail parties attended by only the very best sort makes them better than the common people they lord over. A symptom of a government that is no longer of the people, by the people, for the people, but now only for the elite.
From Tea Party favorite to corrupt Washington insider in only two years, ladies and gentlemen, I give you Marco Rubio.