Subscribe | Email Us | Breaking News | CFP Books | Letters to the Editor

Comments

Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >

Judi I guess I had read these. No matter. Thanks for sending the articles b/c I do file them in my computer for future reference and anytime I'm in the mood for a GOOD read. Thanks again for your kindness and keep the keys clicking.

Charli
Posted by Charli Garrett  on  02/17  at  12:20 PM | #

Judi,

"Thank you" for such a fine article, highlighting the timely appearance on the world's stage of one mild-mannered "Dr. Ben Carson". A prime example of the "American Dream", who learned that being willing to work hard, & more importantly, acknowledge & be thankful to our great God, yielding himself to His will, is a timeless recipe for infinite success in both this life, and the one that is yet to come! I'd put all my money on the fact that Ben will be in that number, when the saints go marching in! You go, Ben! I truly wish a MAN of God like that would run for President... "Lord, 'grab him by the collar'...please?!"
Posted by Rose L  on  02/11  at  08:03 PM | #

Thanks for this great article. Dr. Carson's speech was wonderful on so many levels. For me it was like a glimmer of light on a dark horizon! We need more of this.
Posted by Carol  on  02/11  at  02:33 PM | #

Hey Judi...Brian

I saw the video last night. I was in awe. Not of what he had to say so much, I too believe in God and County, but his having the courage to do so, especially in the company he was keeping. I'm impressed!

Hmmmmm...I wonder, do you think Dr. Carson considers himself as a "Black American," or simply...an American?

Myself...I consider him a great American!

We need many more, just like him!

Thanks, Judi!

Posted by Doug  on  02/11  at  12:56 PM | #

Stephan, The reason Paul was writing to the Galatians is because they were trying to put the people once more in bondage to the Jewish traditions which had been inculcated into the synagogue. Those traditions were not of God, but were of man.
I would think the influence of the miscreants which had worked their way in from being wood cutters to being scribes and then finally priests is part and parcel of that problem. They had the people doing all kinds of ritual things such as in the washing of the hands where you had to follow a ritual or you were not “clean”. Now read Galatians 4: 9 - 10 and it makes perfect sense.

Jesus is the Greek rendition of the word Yasha which means Defender, Salvation, Avenger, Deliverer. Christ is Greek and means anointed or anointed one. Jesus is fully explanatory as is Christ. When you say Jesus, you are saying (amongst other things) Savior. IF He were not anointed, He could not be a Savior. I also address Him as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. A I therefore blasphemous? I also refer to Him as my Paraclete. Boy am I ever in trouble with The Word.

As for works, do not confuse works of the law with works because of faith James 2:18
Posted by JohnMinn  on  02/10  at  07:26 PM | #

Dear JohnMinn;

Again, please read Gal 4:9-10. Also, consider that the world readily accepts and tolerates this "Christ-Mass", whereas the Scriptures state that the natural man cannot receive the things of the Spirit, 1 Cor 2:14, and is at enmity with God and all that is His, Romans 8:7, James 4:4. Compromising with the world in order to appeal is un-Biblical pragmatism rooted in rebellion against God's sovereignty and denial of His revelation. The Bereans were nit-picking, because they were diligent in examining what was fed them. Where, oh where, are the precisionists today?

Dear Elizabeth;

The themes in Dr Carson's speech are subtle and dangerous. "Christian" humanism, dominionism, psychology, statism, legalism, individuality instead of individualism, faux nationalism, environmentalism, scientism. Pride, pure and simple.

Dr Carson's achievements in medicine are remarkable. However, let's not fall into the trap of respecting persons...Satan's ministers appear as ministers of righteousness, 2 Cor 11:15. The test of a sound minister in the church age is not a moral life, it is doctrine: Rom 16:17, Eph 4:14, 2 Tim 4:3.

Back to the "role model" remark. Noticing he refers to The Lord Jesus Christ as simply "Jesus", and that he claims the parables were for instruction; directly contradicting The Lord when He explained why He spoke in parables, see Mark 4:11-12, Luke 8:10.

Dr Carson clearly supports universal healthcare, government tracking and control of private health history. Instead of speaking out against the travesty of modern Deweyite "education", he is fully engaged in that system. Individuality rather than individualism. Hegelian state-is-god collectivist thinking and practise. The closer deception is to the truth, the more dangerous it is! Dr Carson is the good cop to Obama's bad cop. It is no accident that he said all he did, and there was no departure from the program. Obama and his handlers must be very proud and pleased. Wake up!
Posted by Stefan van der Borght  on  02/10  at  01:36 PM | #

This is the second article of yours that I have read and it is every bit as good as the first. I was able to see a video of Dr. Carson and I saw goodness, so refreshing and so true. I look forward to more of your articles.
Posted by Carolyn M  on  02/10  at  12:02 PM | #

Our conservatives should use his speech as a 'how to speak on principle' guide. Imagine telling the American people the truth; it might just work.....like 'duh'?
Posted by Bette S  on  02/10  at  12:02 PM | #

Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >

The Amazing Grace restored to America by Dr. Ben Carson

Posted by Judi McLeod on Feb 9, 2013 at 04:00 PM

Dr. Ben Carson doesn’t let a breakfast stand for his Christianity but chooses “Jesus Christ as my role model”

A phenomenon we all needed came into our view at National Prayer Breakfast 2013, and it couldn’t have come along at a better time.

The phenomenon in the person of Dr. Ben Carson didn’t just upstage President Barack Obama when he spoke at Thursday’s National Prayer Breakfast,  he restored amazing grace to a loudly-lauded event.

How can we take to heart an event touted as “inspirational” and beneficial to federal government officials when they piously break breakfast bread before returning to careers duking it out in House and Senate?