Republicans must show Americans that they are becoming enslaved to government, Party that stands for freedom from slavery
Republicans: Still Fighting Slavery
Comments | Print friendly | Subscribe | Email Us
The Republican Party was largely founded for one purpose: to stop the spread of slavery into the nation’s western territories, and if possible, abolish it altogether. If you think about it, that is still the core purpose of the Republican Party.
The logical flip side of this coin, of course, is that the Democratic Party was, and still is, a pro-slavery political party.
Now we simply need to help those in slavery understand that they ARE in slavery.
A little history: near the end of the Civil War and after his re-election, Abraham Lincoln made the abolition of slavery in America his top priority. During the 1864 presidential campaign, the Republican Party platform resolved to abolish slavery by constitutional amendment.
The Republicans had gained a large number of seats in both the House and the Senate in the 1864 election, and party leaders felt they had a mandate for abolishing slavery. However, Democrats in both houses of Congress fought this amendment ferociously.
Lincoln was determined to have the amendment voted on during the “lame duck” session between the election in November and when the new congress would be seated. He hoped that he could win the votes of outgoing Democrats with promises of government posts and even direct bribes. (In fact, Representative Thaddeus Stevens commented later that “the greatest measure of the nineteenth century was passed by corruption, aided and abetted by the purest man in America.”)
The measure passed the Senate, but the vote was far closer in the House. In the end, every Republican in the House voted for the measure, and they were joined by 16 Democrats, for a final tally of 119 to 56, just enough votes to meet the two-thirds required for passage. Thanks to the Republican Party, slavery was soon abolished in the United States.
Things are no different today. Republicans are still fighting against slavery, and Democrats are still doing everything they can to keep people enslaved.
Okay, I tell a lie; they are different today. In fact, there are two major differences: (1) Democrats are no longer satisfied with keeping blacks enslaved; today they want EVERYBODY enslaved, and (2) the Democrats have gotten much, MUCH better at convincing those in slavery that they really are not in slavery.
Remember “The Life of Julia,” used by the Obama campaign in the 2012 election? It was a slideshow presentation of the life of a young nondescript woman (“Julia”) and how the government would be there for her throughout her life under President Obama, but would abandon her under a Romney presidency.
The first time I read about it and checked it out on the Obama campaign website, it made me sick to my stomach. Here was an in-your-face example of how Democrats want to keep all Americans slaves to the government for everything in their lives.
You’d think that the Democrats would hide these plans from a freedom loving people. But they have so brainwashed a large portion of the population that they trumpeted this as why Obama deserved re-election.
So let’s look at the Life of Julia and how the government enslaves her at every step of her life so that she must rely on Washington instead of herself. The Obama Campaign has taken down the Life of Julia slideshow, but with the help of several websites, I have more or less re-created important portions of it below.
- Julie goes to government Head Start at age 3. Head Start costs triple what private daycare costs, and has no lasting positive effects on pre-schoolers.
- Julia attends government schools. American’s public schools are failing miserably, but Democrats and their teacher-union allies fight any type of reform, such as voucher programs and charter schools.
- Julia gets into a (state) government college thanks to government loans. It can be argued from an economic standpoint that college tuition rises to match the amount of money the government makes available through student loans.
- Julia needs surgery and can afford it thanks to Obamacare. Of course, the prices wouldn’t be so high for surgery is there were true competition between health care providers and insurance companies, and if the FDA didn’t make the review process for new drugs prohibitively expensive and complicated.
- Julia graduates from college and thanks to the Fair Pay Act, she can get a job that earns an amount equal to men. Except that increased government control of the economy and businesses means that businesses are simply not hiring, and when they do, they hire mostly part-time or temporary staff to avoid Obamacare and other government regulations.
- Julia, when she does find a low-pay, temporary job, can focus on it because she doesn’t have to worry about birth control, since Obamacare requires her employer to pay for it. We wouldn’t want Julia to have full personal control of her reproductive rights!
- When Julie decides she wants a child, she doesn’t have to worry about a husband or the money to support a child, because the government will pay for everything—her pre-natal care, the birth, welfare, etc. We of course don’t want Julia to have to consider financial obligations or the overall well-being of her child. The government will take care of it!
- Julia eventually decides to start her own business, which she does through a government Small Business Administration Loan. We don’t want Julia going to an evil bank to fund her small business; we all know how much more efficiently the government is run!
- In her 60s, Julia can retire comfortably on her Social Security benefits and with Medicare health coverage. Do I really even have to ask you if you these will be around when Julia is in her 60s?
Do we not see how in every case, the government is not liberating, but enslaving this poor nondescript woman? In every phase of her life, Julia has to turn to the government to survive. She can’t get educated without the government’s help. She can’t control her own reproduction without government help. She can’t have a child or start a business or retire without the government.
Can you give me a better definition of slavery than that?
The Republican Party can and should have the same strength today that it did after the 1864 election, when it won 69 percent of the House seats and 78 percent of the Senate seats, along with the presidency. The reason is simple: we’re still fighting the same issue, and it’s a winner for Republicans.
But it won’t happen by toying with immigration reform and other micro issues.
The Republican Party must show the American people that they are becoming enslaved to government, and then remind the nation that it is still the party that stands for freedom from slavery. Even though too many Americans have been brainwashed, they can wake up. Liberty is woven into our DNA; if the Republicans would just awaken it, they could destroy the Democratic Party for generations to come.