Leftist media and its obsession with blaming Caucasians
‘Flash Mob” Reporting Exposes Dangerous Racial Bias in Liberal Media
Comments | Print friendly | Subscribe | Email Us
For many years, objective followers of the news media have alleged that liberal editors and reporters bend, fold, twist, maim, and otherwise mutilate “facts” in order to conceal crimes perpetuated by minorities.
Those who support the liberal media have generally dismissed such allegations as the doings of deranged, mostly-white, right wing extremists itching to bring back slavery and Jim Crow laws.
Read: Tea Party bozos!
Unfortunately, for the leftist media and its obsession with blaming Caucasians while exonerating “people of color,” regardless of the facts involved, facts are facts.
Get it? Facts are facts and it matters not one whit how inconvenient or politically incorrect those facts are.
The truth is that the media routinely engages in deliberate misrepresentation of the news in order to advance the politically - correct agenda of liberal elitists like Barack Obama.
That conclusion is substantiated by a recent report (see reference) by John T. Bennett from the Accuracy in Media Center for Investigative Journalism.
The Bennett report includes the following sordid details:
Relying on documents made available exclusively through a Freedom of Information Act request, we can add another face to the growing picture of racial “flash mob” violence in America. It is a face that the media have concealed from public view.
This writer (John T. Bennett) was forced to use the local Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) to ascertain the facts about the racial identity of one of the victims of these attacks. The media concealed the identity of the white victim apparently because of misguided racial sensitivity
What makes this even more startling is that it is just one of many examples of racial mob violence occurring around the country, without any comment from national figures such as President Obama or Attorney General Eric Holder. But if whites were attacking blacks in this manner, you can bet it would have already have become a national story worthy of comment from national political figures.
Consider these incidents:
- At the Wisconsin State fair, groups of black teens numbering anywhere from 25 to 100 “were targeting anyone who was white or appeared to look white,” and beating them, according to the local police chief. At least 18 people were injured, and 30 have been arrested.
- In Denver, couples leaving restaurants were being attacked by a group of black men with baseball bats.
- A young white man named Carter Strange had his skull fractured by a mob in South Carolina. He was attacked at random while jogging.
- A young white man named Dawid Strucinski was beaten into a coma by a mob in Bayonne, NJ.
- Anna Taylor, Emily Guendelsberger, and Thomas Fitzgerald were beaten to the ground and stomped in separate Philadelphia flash mobs.
- “Every weekend in July,” according to local news, “police have battled large, flash-mob beatings and vandalism” in Greensboro, NC.
- In a mostly-white suburb of Cleveland, witnesses reported large groups of young blacks walking through the streets, “shouting profanities and racial epithets,” and one man was viciously beaten while leaving a restaurant with his wife and friends.
- A young white lady named Shaina Perry was taunted and beaten by a black mob in Milwaukee who remarked “Oh, white girl bleeds a lot.”
The similarities among these attacks point to a trend: First of all, these are not run-of-the-mill crimes. They typically involve group attacks against defenseless, random victims who have no means to resist and did nothing to provoke their attackers. These flash mobs often stomp their victims even after they are down, as most of the news reports describe.
Then there are the racial similarities: The attackers are invariably black. Philadelphia’s mayor conceded as much when he condemned flash mobs, addressing the rioters with the charge, “You damaged your own race.” The victims are usually not black. Several qualifications are in order: It is clear that only a small number of black teens take part in these attacks. Blacks are more likely to be victims of violent crime than any other group due to black-on-black crime. Also, interracial crime is a fraction of all crime, and hate crime is an even smaller fraction of that. Nonetheless, these flash mobs are a social problem that needs to be addressed. If the races were reversed, we would be witnessing an outpouring of guilt of biblical proportions. Instead, the victims are white and we get an outpouring of ignominious silence. So far, precious few leaders in academia, politics, the legal system, or the media have spoken out directly against this troubling trend.
Far from being isolated incidents, violent flash mobs are part of an emerging social problem that turns the traditional story of American racism on its head. If opinion makers reported accurately about these flash mobs, most Americans would probably alter their views about racism and conclude that these flash mobs are the worst form of racial violence in our nation today. Not all of the flash mobs meet the strict criteria of a hate crime. However, they do represent a growing wave of racial violence.
The national media should acknowledge what a serious and potentially widespread social problem they are, but instead the press has concealed the racial aspect of this problem.
If we are truly committed to “social justice,” however, we must acknowledge that concealing the facts about racial violence and other social problems leaves us endangered and intellectually impoverished. Refusing to face facts will inhibit finding a solution to the problem, and virtually guarantee that the problem will only get worse.”
Please refer to the report for the complete story.
Many thanks to AIM for boldly exposing the facts!