Americans are being spied on in their own homes by Big Brother in the sky.
Rand Paul to the Rescue: Authors Bill to Stop Federal Drone Spying!
Comments | Print friendly | Subscribe | Email Us
By now you’ve heard that The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), under the EXCUSE of “environmental protection” – is flying unmanned military spy drones over farms in Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas and Missouri to determine whether or not farmers are violating the federal Clean Water Act!
Never before in the history of America has her citizen’s privacy rights been so violated. Americans are being spied on in their own homes by Big Brother in the sky.
There are no legal court orders issued. There is no “probable cause.” Under the EPA’s enforcement you are simply guilty until proven innocent.
It is a destruction of the 4th Amendment to the Constitution.
If we sit back and do nothing and accept these violations now they will only expand in the future! Today it’s a farm in Iowa, tomorrow you won’t be alone in your own living room!
You and I must take action now.
And now we have a weapon with which to fight the EPA.
Sen. Paul has introduced his bill into the Senate and Congressman Austin Scott of Georgia has authored a similar bill in the House of Representatives (HR 5925) to stop the illegal and unwarranted surveillance of American citizens. Both bills are called “Preserving Freedom From Unwanted Surveillance Act of 2012.”
And they will:
- Put an end to the EPA’s use of drones to spy on private American homes.
- Protect individual privacy by forcing the government to honor our fourth amendment rights.
- Force the government to obtain legal warrants and show probable cause in order to use drones.
- Empowers citizens to file suit against the government if such legal action is not taken.
You and I must build massive support for S.3287. We must send the message that Americans will not stand for such government surveillance.
That’s why it’s urgent that you sign the petition at the bottom of this email in support of Senator Rand Paul’s bill (S.3287) to stop the EPA from using unmanned military drones to spy on American Farmers!
As U.S. Rep. Tom Latham (R-Iowa_ said… “The simple truth is that no government agency should be able to treat Iowa farmers like the Taliban.”
Urgent you take action now to pass both the House and Senate versions of these bills!!!
Action to Take:
- Call Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and demand that he lead Senate Republicans in support of S.3287. Tell him this bill is the only way to protect American privacy rights and personal freedom!It is vital that Senate Republicans stand firm in support of S.3287. They must feel your heat! Call Senator McConnell – early and often. His office # is: 202-224-3135. His fax # is: 202-224-2574.
- Call your state’s two U.S. Senators and demand they support S.3287. Ask them to co-sponsor the bill. Give them all the reasons stated above. Senate switchboard: (202) 224-3121. Ask for your Senators by name.
- Call your Member of the House of Representatives and demand he/she vote in favor of HR.5925. Ask them to co-sponsor the bill. Give them all the reasons stated above. House switchboard: (202) 225-3121. Ask for your Representative by name.
- Call Senator Paul and Congressman Scott to let them know that you stand with them in this fight, and to thank them for spearheading this action.
Sen. Paul’s phone number is: (202) 224-4343
Rep. Scott’s phone number is: (202) 225-6531
It is vital to the liberty of America that S.3287 and H.R. 5925 be passed! American private property rights and personal privacy rights are evaporating quickly and we must act now to save them!
We can pass both bills – if we act now and put massive pressure on Congress to support both S.3287 and HR. 5925.
Take the above action NOW!